Friday, February 12, 2016

Vday Treat - Painful Fantasy

Since, in few days time it will be Valentines Day, let me share to you one of my favorite poems as to date. I wrote this about 9 years ago, a little old right? But I always felt that this is one of the best I wrote. A lot may relate on it, as once in our lives, we love and get hurt. We all hope to be loved and be loved back in return. But sometimes, love don't see us the way we see them. A love we thought was real but after sometime, we will just realize that everything was just a painful fantasy.




Painful Fantasy

Things happen, we don't know why,
we search for answers but its no where to find
I was looking for you, but you seem not to be there
I was waiting for you, but it seems you wouldn't care.

How many times do I need to shout, for you to know I need you?
How many times do I need to pretend I'm okay, even if I don't?
How much tears do I need to cry to lessen the pain?
and how long will I wait, for us to start it all over again?

What will you do if I say goodbye?
Would you just close your ears not asking why?
What will you do if I cry in front of you?
Would you disregard me and just left me to the blue?
Will you run after me and ask if I could stay?
Or just walk away without bothering anyway?

When will you open your eyes, for you to see me?
When will you open your ears, for you to hear me?
You have ignored everything I do,
and raised me with questions too.
Now, I better end up believing in this painful fantasy,
that you are the prince, and I'm the princess of this story.

10.10.07
*jjlb

No comments:

Post a Comment