Wednesday, June 26, 2019

How Was My 2018?

I know, it's been a while since the last time I write and as much as I want to, I've been very busy with a lot of things, and sleeping is one of them. So let me talk about how my 2018 had been.

January - I had a quick escape from the busy city, to be able to think and breath. A week after, I finally end up my 7 years relationship. It was hard, its sad, but it feels like more of a relief. I was able to finally let go of what was preventing me to be genuinely happy.

February - Fiesta! It's my first time to invite friends over. It was something I am not into, but I am happy to get out of my shell and try new things. On the other hand, Valentines Day came normal. Hahaha! Wear yellow for moving on.

March - I went Visita Iglesia alone. Yes. I managed to travel from one church to another (in which, my first time to visit most of the churches). And I went to my Holy Week routine without him, and I am definitely fine. I saw him there but tried to ignore that he was there. It's also my first time to help arranged the Easter fountain, and its beautiful. And this is one of the most unforgettable Easter Vigil mass I had witnessed and attended. Donna cried! Hahaha! And we had a quick Mcdo meal to lighten things up.

April - New department, new position, new schedule, new job. I am now a nocturnal! Hello to my Global Payroll Team! 💜 Finally, I am part of the payroll team. I also went into a pilgrimage with Kitty with her church mates around churches in Batangas. It's my first time, and I enjoyed it so much! Hopefully, I can join again next time.

May - It's the first time I welcomed my birthday in the office. In the past 7 years, I would escape from work, and have the day for myself, my family or with him. This time, I'm alone. It felt unusual and weird at the same time to welcome and end the day working.

June - We had prepared the first bridal shower of Chicks. It was a stay cation in Tagaytay. It rained hard and we went through a lot just to be in Tagaytay. Good thing, our surprised bridal shower for Kitty was a success! And eating bulalo was an added joy to this trip.

July - Kitty got married! And of course, the three of us (still missing Peanut) are there to witness the special event. It was one special day for my best friend and we are truly happy that she had met and waited the right guy for her. And on the side note, they keep teasing me to my partner. 

August - After how many years we finally visit Camiguin. We celebrated lolo's 98th birthday and tour around the island. It is also my first time to meet her, and somehow, I feel better? I think. 3 days is not enough. I've missed the province. A lot seems to be different but it still feels home.

September - A quick tour around Intramuros with the Global Payroll Team.

October - We went through something in the family and I am blessed to visit and touch the heart relic of Padre Pio in Manila Cathedral. I was there on the first day and a lot of devotees came to line up just to see the relic. I never expect myself in that big crowd. All I wanted was to see him, but I was able to touch and talked to Padre Pio. I feel really blessed that day. The same month, we also had a retreat at MLC and it was something very peaceful and heartfelt. I was able to let my heart out and share my problem through confession.

November Nothing I can remember so significant. I think, I was just busy at work with the transition we have in the new payroll system.

December - Hello Baguio! The payroll team went to Baguio for the weekend. We are able to tour around, visit Ben Cab Museum and saw Ben Cabrera in person. It was my first time in Baguio, and I really enjoyed this weekend trip. And since I now work at night, I have managed going to Simbang Gabi in Makati just to complete the 9 days novena. I've been working during Christmas, and that week was intense because we are busy transitioning at work.

My 
2018 overall is a new beginning for me. I am getting myself back. To try new things. Do the things I want to do, go to places I miss going and to new places I've never been. I have met new people as well. But I know, I shouldn't be pressured. I still need time to think and be happy on my own. 


So, that was it. I know that this post is long overdue. This has been in my drafts for a while. I wanted to write more and express myself more and before I do that, I think I just need to finish this post first.

Until my next post. Chao!



No comments:

Post a Comment